SHIFT

--- Sjoerd Hooft's InFormation Technology ---

User Tools

Site Tools


sharepointstsadmmigrateuser
Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
sharepointstsadmmigrateuser [2013/12/03 09:40]
sjoerd [Using the Output]
sharepointstsadmmigrateuser [2014/03/15 22:04] (current)
sjoerd
Line 1: Line 1:
 = Sharepoint User Domain Migration using Stsadm = = Sharepoint User Domain Migration using Stsadm =
  
-While doing an AD migration we ran into a very annoying error while trying to migrate the sharepoint users. If you are a little bit familiar with Sharepoint you would know that all users are known by a unique id in the sharepoint database, and also by their domain. ​Mow if a user changes from his or her domain, he or she would lose access to their sharepoint data. Even if you'll use the SID history option. That is of course not what you'd want so there is a migration option to change all ownerships from one use to another, stsadm -o migrateuser. However, while testing this command we ran into some errors and it took us months to find out what went wrong. It turned out users were connected to orphaned sites, so we had to clean up these orphaned sites before we could migrate these users. In this article I'll show you everything I can remember from these errors and issues, the fix, the migration scripts and some information to collect permissions from sharepoint.+While doing an AD migration we ran into a very annoying error while trying to migrate the sharepoint users. If you are a little bit familiar with Sharepoint you would know that all users are known by a unique id in the sharepoint database, and also by their domain. ​Now if a user changes from his or her domain, he or she would lose access to their sharepoint data. Even if you'll use the SID history option. That is of course not what you'd want so there is a migration option to change all ownerships from one use to another, stsadm -o migrateuser. However, while testing this command we ran into some errors and it took us months to find out what went wrong. It turned out users were connected to orphaned sites, so we had to clean up these orphaned sites before we could migrate these users. In this article I'll show you everything I can remember from these errors and issues, the fix, the migration scripts and some information to collect permissions from sharepoint.
  
 = Success and Errors = = Success and Errors =
sharepointstsadmmigrateuser.txt ยท Last modified: 2014/03/15 22:04 by sjoerd